Basic Info: Mozambique is a country located in south east Africa .Its capital is Maputo.
Here are some facts about Mozambique
- Portuguese is the official language of Mozambique,it is spoken as a second language by about half of its population.Native languages include Swahili, Makhuwa, and Sena
- The name Mozambique is derived from the name of an Arab trader Mussa Ben Mbiki who first visited the island.
- Mozambique has a multi-party democracy. having presidential form of government.
- The currency of Mozambique is Mozambican Metical .
- Mozambique was explored by Vasco da Gama in 1498 and it was a colony of portugal from 1505 to 1975 in the year which it it gained independence