Thailand is a country located in south east Asia. The former name of Thailand is Siam.
|Flag of Thailand (Wikipiedia)|
- The word Siam is identified with the Sanskrit word Syama which means darkness or brown. (But whether syama is the origin of Siam is not known)
- The name was mentioned in the 19th century king , King Morgut's signature.
- On 23rd June 1936 the name was changed to Thailand.(The word Thailand means Land of freedom)
- Thailand was named Siam again from 1945 to May 1949
- After that it was again reverted to Thailand.