Angola is a country located in Africa. Here are some lesser known facts about the country.
- The northern province of Angola ,Cabinda is geographically separated from the country by a strip (60 km wide)
|Map showing Cabinda separation(Wikipedia)|
- After its independence in 1975 Angola faced a civil war that lasted many decades and claimed millions of life.
- Angola is one of the fastest growing economy in the world with average GDP growth 20% (2005-2007)
- The infant mortality rate and life expectancy in Angola is one of the worst in the World
- There are up to 1000 mostly Christian religious groups in Angola
- Angola's motto means ''virtue is stronger than the united''.