Costa Rica is a central american country having a population of around 4.5 million .Here are 10 facts about Costa Rica .
- Costa Rica contains over 5% of the world's bio diversity even though it constitutes only 0.1% of the worlds total land mass.
- Costa Rica is composed of seven provinces which are further divided into 81 cantons.
- Costa Rica does not have any standing military.It was abolished in 1949.However the country has para military forces.
- Costa Rica has a life expectancy of 79 years, which is one of the highest in the world.
- Football is the most popular sport in Costa Rica.
- The capital and largest city of Costa Rica is San Jose.
|First postal stamp of Costa Rica issued in 1862|
- Area is of the country is 51,000 Square Kilometers.
- Spanish is the official language of Costa Rica .
- In Costa Rica people call themselves ticos(male) and titas(female) .